Kalispell is in the Flathead Valley in Northwest Montana. Coined as the “Gateway to Glacier National Park,” Kalispell offers premium golf courses, ski resorts, crystal clear lakes, shopping, and fantastic restaurants.
Kalispell has plenty of lodging options for all budget ranges. If you are looking to stay in the best accommodations in the area, check out these top 10 picks for the best hotels in Kalispell.
Travel Tips for Staying in Kalispell, Montana
- If you want to be centrally located to all the events and fun things to do, choose a hotel off Main St or in the northern end of Kalispell. You can easily walk from your hotel to plenty of shopping and dining.
- Some hotels provide ski rentals if you’re here for winter activities. Check with the front desk to be sure.
- The city mainly has chain hotels with a few bed and breakfasts. Try the larger hotels with good Wi-Fi and business centers if you need to use the internet or need a dedicated place to work.
- You may see a charge on your bill called a bed tax, which is mandatory in Montana. Lodging and campground facilities impose a 4% tax, not included in the room price.
- While you can find shopping and dining close to most hotels, you may need to find other means of transportation to get around. The city offers a public bus system, taxis, and rideshare. It may be best to rent a car if you plan on doing a lot of sightseeing.
The 10 Best Hotels in Kalispell, Montana
1. The Garrison Inn – 2235 Ashley Lake Rd
This lovely bed and breakfast is a little ways from downtown Kalispell (about a 20-minute drive), but we had to include it.
It has excellent ratings and is the perfect spot if you’re looking to be in the mountains without being too far from the city. The Garrison Inn offers charming, log-style rooms with private bathrooms, cozy robes, and a sun terrace.
Every morning wake to a full English or Irish breakfast, then head out to the pool or hike around the beautiful property. This bed and breakfast also have an onsite bar and free Wi-Fi. Take a short drive into Kalispell for a full day of shopping, museum tours, and other activities.
The room rates begin at $310 and go up to $400 per night.
2. Country Inn & Suites – 4150 U.S. Hwy 2 E
Country Inn is the perfect family-friendly hotel, a short drive from downtown Kalispell. Be welcomed by animal statues and mounts in the main lobby and an area for kids to watch TV and color or read.
The property features an indoor pool with a slide, a hot tub, a fitness center, and a business center. You can book a family suite with a private bathroom, flat-screen TV, and basic amenities.
The front desk is open 24 hours, and the hotel includes free Wi-Fi. Enjoy a buffet-style complimentary breakfast every morning and access to the snack bar throughout the day.
Room rates vary between $260 and $370 per night.
3. Kalispell Grand Hotel – 100 S Main St
The Kalispell Grand Hotel is a short walk to the downtown area with plenty of shopping and restaurants next door.
This hotel was built in 1912 and now offers a historic stay with modern amenities. Enjoy spacious rooms, a delicious breakfast with baked goods, and an onsite spa with luxurious treatments.
The hotel is pet friendly, has a 24-hour front desk, and offers complimentary cookies and popcorn every night. Check out the Kalispell Grand Hotel if you want to stay in a building with old-world charm and modern convenience.
Room rates are around $350 per night
4. SpringHill Suites by Marriott – 250 Old Reserve Dr
SpringHill Suites is close to the golf courses and a short drive to the heart of downtown.
The hotel features a lounge, indoor pool, outdoor fire pits, fitness center, business center, and private parking. You can also expect 24-hour service, Wi-Fi, and a buffet breakfast every morning. The rooms come with sleek designs, comfortable bedding, flat-screen TVs, and a work area.
These suites have a modern, luxury feel at an affordable price. Room rates range between $270 and $350 per night.
5. Hampton Inn – 1140 U.S. Hwy 2 W
Stay at this centrally located hotel with a convenient airport shuttle. The Hampton provides modern luxuries in a quiet atmosphere close to downtown.
This pet-friendly hotel offers amenities like a 24-hour indoor pool, jacuzzi, gym, free parking, and Wi-Fi. Every morning you will receive a complimentary breakfast, and your room comes with a mini-fridge and microwave.
The room rates range between $230 and $330 per night.
6. Homewood Suites – 195 Hutton Ranch Rd
Homewood Suites is in the perfect location if you are visiting for the golf courses, as you are close to two major golf clubs.
Spend the day on the greens or out shopping, then come back to your suite with a full kitchen, a workspace, and a sitting area. The hotel features an indoor pool, fitness center, and business center.
Enjoy daily hot breakfast and food and drinks at the manager’s station throughout the day.
The suites start at $300 and go up to $420 per night.
7. My Place Hotel – 755 Treeline Rd
View this post on Instagram
My Place Hotel is across the street from major stores and delicious restaurants and is a short drive to the downtown area.
This comfortable, modern hotel is pet friendly and features 24-hour desk service and free Wi-Fi. Enjoy a business center, a snack bar, and a lounge area with TVs. The rooms come with Flat-screens, comfortable beds, and microwaves. Enjoy a complimentary breakfast before you head out the door!
The room rates range between $200 and $250 per night.
8. Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites – 275 Treeline Rd
The Holiday Inn Express is in the hotel cluster on the northern end of Kalispell, near great shopping and dining.
Enjoy an impressive breakfast buffet, business center, gym, indoor pool, hot tub, outdoor fire pit, coffee, and snack bars. You can find plenty to do in this hotel; you may not want to leave. The rooms feature cable TV, a work area, fridge, and microwave.
Holiday Inn is one of the best upscale hotels in Kalispell and comes with many amenities.
The nightly room rate varies between $440 and $540.
9. Best Western Plus – 255 Montclair Dr
Enjoy your stay at this Best Western near the Flathead River and wake up to a hot breakfast every morning.
Enjoy the 24-hour heated indoor pool, hot tub, gym, and business center. The rooms come with flat-screen TVs, premium channels, a microwave, and a refrigerator. You also have access to the laundromat and coffee bar.
Don’t forget to bring your dog; this hotel is pet-friendly!
The nightly room rates range between $240 and $340.
10. Lonesome Dove Ranch – 1805 Haywire Gulch
The Lonesome Dove Ranch is a ten-minute drive into Kalispell and the perfect place to get away from the city while still being close.
This bed and breakfast will make you feel like you are nestled in the mountains while still having modern amenities. Wake up to hot coffee and homemade breakfast, and then spend the day hiking, horseback riding, and cycling.
You may see wildlife near your window, so bring your camera!
Nightly room rates range from $100 to $250.
Whether you stay in a romantic bed & breakfast in the mountains, a budget hotel on Main St., or a luxury chain near the golf course, enjoy your trip to Kalispell.
This thriving city has much to offer, including great shopping, recreation, and food. No matter which accommodation you choose, you are guaranteed to be pleased with your stay.
- Best Luxury Hotel in Kalispell: Homewood Suites or Holiday Inn Express
- Best Boutique Hotel in Kalispell: Kalispell Grand Hotel
- Best Cheap Hotels in Kalispell: Aero Inn
- Best Family Hotel in Kalispell: Country Inn & Suites
- Best Romantic Hotel in Kalispell: The Garrison Inn