Lower Falls is a lesser-known waterfall located in Lincoln County, Montana. The waterfall is about 7 miles from Yaak, Montana, near the West Fork Yaak River. It’s a bit difficult to find much information on the waterfalls, as it’s not a particularly popular site, likely because it’s a bit off the grid. You’d definitely be hiking in.
Details About Lower Falls
Lower Falls along the West Fork Yaak River is a virtually unknown waterfall within Lincoln County, Montana.
- Location: 7 miles from Yaak, Lincoln County, Montana
- Latitude: 48.935512°
- Longitude: -115.681574°
- Elevation: 3123 feet
Can I Drive to Lower Falls?
Lower Falls is an off-the-grid waterfall that cannot be accessed by road. There may be trails nearby, leading from the nearby National Forest Development Road 276 off of National Forest Development Road 92 in Lincoln County.
Are There Trails to Lower Falls?
Looking at a topographical map of the area, there don’t appear to be any designated trails leading to Lower Falls, Lincoln County. However, there may well be some bushwhack paths cut by adventuring locals and visitors who’ve gone in search of the elusive falls.
What Else is Nearby Lower Falls?
The falls are near the West Fork Yaak River and Mud Creek. The area is highly underdeveloped and natural, so other unknown features are likely located nearby.
Visiting Lower Falls in Lincoln County, Montana
If you wish to find Lower Falls in Lincoln County, it’s highly recommended you pull out your GPS and plug in the coordinates above. Since there appear to be no marked trails or designated paths, it is advisable to only seek out the waterfall with others in tow.
Before you go, consider:
- Going with a hiking buddy for safety
- Bring along a first aid kit, flashlight, and other emergency gear, just in case!
- Make sure you leave behind markers so you can find your way back, if you don’t find any already present
- Wear comfortable hiking shoes with closed toes
- Wear weather appropriate attire
- Wear sunscreen and sunglasses, along with other sun protection
- Bring plenty of water and food to ensure you’re taken care of while you hike
Know anything about Lower Falls? Please tell us about it below in the comments. We’d love to know about the falls and your adventures!