Need a place to cool off during the warm summer months? Check out Big Sky Waterpark, Montana!
Enjoy fun in the sun for the whole family at Montana’s biggest waterpark. Spend the day lazing in sun chairs, flying down giant waterslides, and grilling by the shimmering pool.
Find out everything you need to know about Big Sky Waterpark, including attractions, admission, park rules, amenities, and nearby accommodations.
What is the Big Sky Waterpark?
Montana’s largest and most exciting water playground, Big Sky Waterpark, is in the heart of the Rockies!
People travel for miles to visit this family-friendly park, and visitors to the state often stop by on their way to Glacier National Park.
Big Sky Waterpark offers attractions for the whole family and is an excellent way to spend a hot summer day. There are even fun things to do if you prefer not to get in the water.
This waterpark is off of Highway 2 in Columbia Falls, which is 16-miles north of Kalispell. Its location provides easy access to the major national parks in Montana. It’s open June through Labor Day every day from 11 AM to 7 PM.
Let’s dive into all the fun things to do at Big Sky Waterpark, Montana!
What is There to do at Big Sky Waterpark?
Enjoy the benefits of a decent-sized waterpark without the long lines and crowds of people. There is plenty of fun attractions at Big Sky Waterpark, whether you want to play in pools, slide down giant slides, or stay dray with land entertainment.
- Wading pool
- The Shredder Xtreme giant slide
- Big Splash River Ride
- Geronimo Speed Slide
- 4 Twister Slides
- Whirl pool
- Water Wars Balloon Battles
- Hot tub
- Bumper cars
- Rock climbing wall
- Antique carousel
- Miniature golf
- Beach volleyball
Play in the water until your heart’s content, then warm up with a game of golf and bumper cars. It’s the perfect Montana destination for a summer family vacation!
How Much Does it Cost to go to Big Sky Waterpark?
Big Sky Waterpark offers day passes, value passes, and season passes. They also provide discount rates for groups and twilight hours.
A full day pass for children under 48” and adults over 60 years old is $22.99. Day passes cost $27.99 for individuals over 48”. Twilight hours start after 3 PM, and passes cost $22.99 for adults and $17.99 for children and seniors.
Children two years and younger are free.
You get access to the waterpark, bumper cars, mini golf, or the rock wall for a bundled price when you purchase a value pass. Value passes cost $31.99 for children and seniors and $36.99 for adults. Twilight value passes are $26.99 and $31.99.
You can also purchase season passes that cover one month of unlimited park entries. You get the option to bundle the months of June and July for $134.95 (3-10 years old) and $144.95 (11 and older).
Large groups with at least 20 people can enjoy a slight discount that increases with the more people you bring. You can reserve picnic and BBQ areas starting at $20.
If you don’t buy a value pass that includes the other attractions, you can purchase daily tickets for each activity.
Here’s a $2 off coupon for a full-day waterpark pass!
Ways to Pay
You can pay for passes and tickets with a credit or debit card at the admission booth when you get to the park.
What are the Park Rules and Policies?
- No revealing bathing suits
- Only service dogs are allowed in the park, but there are plenty of shady spots in the parking lot, and you can check on pets if needed.
- Military discounts are available
- You can bring your own food and drinks to the park. No alcohol is allowed.
- Certain rides require a minimum height of 48”. There are also max height and weight restrictions.
- Life jackets are free for toddlers and non-swimmers
- Trained lifeguards are always on duty, and there is a fully-stocked first-aid station
- The entire park is handicap accessible
- Everyone is required to wait for 20-minutes for lightning to pass
- Lockers are free, and you can rent locks for $5
What are the Park Amenities?
Stop by the gift shop on your way out and grab a souvenir to remember your trip! Pick up Big Sky Waterpark, and Glacier National Park branded goodies.
Other amenities include free parking, a concession stand, and picnic areas with grills for barbecuing.
Food and Drink Options
The concession stand provides refreshments and snacks. You can purchase soda, snow cones, ice cream, hotdogs, hamburgers, nachos, and pretzels.
You can also bring your own food and drinks (except alcohol) and have a family picnic and BBQ.
Best Restaurants Close to Big Sky Waterpark
Check out these top-rated restaurants in the area after a long day in the sun and water.
- MUDMAN $ – Homemade burgers, fries, and shakes
- Nite Owl and Back Room Restaurant $$ – Relaxed roadhouse offering steaks and slow-roasted BBQ
- Vaqueros $$ – Cold margaritas and Mexican favorites
- Three Forks Grille $$ – Casual Italian and wine tastings
- North Fork Pizza $$ – Pizza, subs, and salad
- Glacier Base Camp Lodge (★★)
- Glacier Inn Motel (★★)
- Wonderstone at Glacier (★★★)
- Cedar Creek Lodge (★★★)
Big Sky Waterpark is the largest waterpark in Montana and is the perfect stop on the way to Glacier National Park.
Bring your entire family and spend the day soaking up the sun, wading in the deep end, flying down giant slides, and playing a round of mini golf.
Don’t miss this family fun attraction the next time you’re in Columbia Falls!