Situated only 15-minutes from the much larger city of Bozeman, Belgrade has become a popular destination for visitors to Montana that seek a quieter small-town experience throughout their stay in Gallatin County.
Occupying the very center of the valley, Belgrade offers idyllic country landscapes, traditional small-town ambiances, and access to the myriad of significant attractions located nearby.
One of Belgrade’s biggest draws that attract tourists away from the larger cities is its allurement of being a traditional small Montana county town. One of the most remarkable ways to experience the city’s hospitality is by leaving the chain hotels behind for a good old-fashioned bed and breakfast.
Luckily, with most of the more well-known hotels basing themselves out of nearby Bozeman, quaint and unique B&Bs have become the primary method of accommodation within Belgrade’s tourism industry.
The selection of bed and breakfasts in Belgrade isn’t massive. Still, the few stays the city does offer are so varied and unique that any visitor to the city is sure to find an accommodation perfect for housing their stay in the town.
Whether you like to be at the center of the action by staying in the heart of the city or prefer to be in the quiet outskirts of the countryside, Belgrade offers idyllic accommodation well-equipped to meet all needs.
This list of the five best bed and breakfasts in Belgrade, Montana, will help you compare the benefits and drawbacks of each of the town’s best accommodation options.
Each bed and breakfasts in Belgrade offers a unique experience for different types of travelers, so be sure to take a close read to determine which is best suited for you.
Travel Tips for Staying in Belgrade
- Why Stay in Belgrade: Founded in 1882 and located 15 minutes from the larger city of Bozeman, Belgrade is a small quiet town that promises an authentic Montanan experience. Situated in the center of Gallatin County, Belgrade serves as a fantastic base for exploring the wonderous attractions of the region.
- The best areas to stay in Belgrade: Visitors to Belgrade can either stay in the heart of the town or at one of the many B&Bs littering the region’s countryside. Staying downtown offers easy access to nearby services, including restaurants and shopping centers, while the countryside provides unfiltered access to the region’s natural beauties.
- Getting around Belgrade: Belgrade is a small town, and many attractions, restaurants, and shopping centers are easily accessible via a walk from popular hotels located within the city. Still, for those staying in the town’s countryside or looking to explore the surrounding area, traveling by car or the local bus network is the more accessible option.
- Top attractions in Belgrade: Belgrade is a fantastic destination serving as a launching point for exploring the greater reaches of Gallatin County. From Belgrade, visitors venture out to such attractions as Yellowstone National Park, the Museum of the Rockies, and the Big Sky Ski.
The 5 Best Bed and Breakfasts in Belgrade, Montana
1. Fox Hollow Inn
Situated off the I-90, about halfway between Belgrade and Bozeman, the Fox Hollow Inn offers a fantastic bed and breakfast with easy access to the many natural attractions of Gallatin County.
Located about a ten-minute drive from both downtown Belgrade and Bozeman, Fox Hollow Inn offers the perfect blend of small-town charms while maintaining a convenient location for capitalizing on the comfort services of the big city.
And, of course, occupying the outskirts of the countryside, the inn also possesses one of the most unfiltered views of the valley and offers a tranquil evening of stargazing free from the city’s light pollution.
The Fox Hollow Inn only features two luxury suites within its facilities, and both are serviced with a complimentary continental breakfast. With its high demand and minimal rooms available, booking your stay well ahead of your travel dates is essential.
The first of the inn’s two suite options is the Falls Suite. Featuring a queen-sized bed, vaulted ceilings, and a large soaking tub, this suite goes beyond the accommodation essentials to provide a comfortable and luxurious stay in Gallatin County.
The Second of the inn’s luxury rooms is their River’s Suite. Providing a similarly styled design, this suite comes fully stocked with a king-sized bed, a full-service kitchen, and a private bathroom with an oversized shower.
Rates start at $140 per night for the Fall’s Room and $150 per night for the River’s Suite. These rates include accommodations for up to two adults and one child.
However, any additional guests can be added to the stay for an additional charge of $15 per night.
2. Gallatin River Lodge
Offering total immersion into the authentic hospitality of Montana’s Gallatin County, the Gallatin River Lodge provides one of the most luxurious accommodation options in the state.
Only a 10-minute drive from Belgrade, the lodge occupies 20 acres of pristine countryside, boasting blue ribbon waters, fantastic hiking trails, and breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains.
On-site services include a full-service restaurant and bar serving up a seasonal menu and complimentary breakfasts made to order for hotel guests. Also found on-site are 12 boutique guest rooms, trout ponds, and plenty of wide-open spaces ideal for exploring the natural scores of Montana.
Guests to the Gallatin River Lodge have their selection of four room varieties. As their base room, the hotel offers a selection of King Suites within the main lodge building starting at $675 per night.
On the main lodge’s top floor are six spacious rooms serviced with a jacuzzi bathtub, a walk-in shower, and a gas fireplace. Located in the lodge’s downstairs are two further rooms boasting the same luxury amenities with the additional benefits of boasting a private entrance for more convenient and pet-friendly accommodation.
Located next to the main building is the hotel’s Trout Lodge. In this building, guests can book one of four rooms with a king-sized bed, a large walk-in shower, radiant heat, and a private entrance with an outdoor sitting area. Additionally, these slightly discounted rooms come with nightly rates starting at $625 per night.
For the ultimate luxurious stay at Gallatin River Lodge, guests should book one of the hotel’s Trout Lodge Suites on the second floor of the Trout Lodge. These opulent suite options come with two rooms with queen-sized beds, each with a private bathroom and a shared living room. Capable of housing larger groups, the Trout Lodge Suites boast nightly rates starting at $1050 per night.
Offering complimentary breakfast, informative guide services, and easy access to Gallatin County’s superb natural attractions, the Gallatin River Lodge is the perfect B&B for hosting your getaway.
3. The Outpost
Officially advertised as a ‘Micro Hotel,’ The Outpost offers a simplified bed and breakfast experience for guests traveling to Belgrade on a budget.
While providing a less grandiose accommodation experience than other stays on this list, guests to The Outpost will be equipped with everything they need throughout their stay. This includes a complimentary breakfast and high-quality amenities, including high-speed internet and top-of-the-line mattresses with hypoallergenic duvets.
However, The Outpost maintains its budget-friendly viability through the size of its rooms. By providing only the essential living quarters, the hotel manages to keep its costs low for a cost-effective stay.
Starting at $115.99 per night, The Outposts Signature Queen room sleeps up to two people and comes with a personal sink and vanity, a tv, free wifi, and a shared washroom.
For even more budget-friendly accommodation, the hotel offers its Queen Budget Room for $105.99 per night, which provides the same comforts but without the personal sink and vanity.
Luckily, The Outpost makes up for the limitations of its rooms with its central downtown location in Belgrade. Only a short distance from many popular attractions, restaurants, and shopping centers, guests staying at The Outpost won’t need to worry about spending too much time in their rooms.
Overall, The Outpost is by far the most budget-friendly way to explore Belgrade while still receiving the comforts of a friendly bed and breakfast.
4. Super 8 by Wyndham
While locally owned B&B can be found throughout the countryside, popular chains such as the Super 8 by Wyndham offer convenient accommodations within the town while still offering the traditional comforts of a homey bed and breakfast.
Offering free parking for cars, trucks, buses, and RVs, the hotel is a popular resting spot for road trippers and those flying in or out of the nearby airport.
However, with its plethora of comfort amenities, including complimentary breakfast, the Super 8 also makes for fantastic long-term accommodation as you explore the attractions of Belgrade.
The Super 8 features luxury amenities such as an indoor pool, hot tub, and fitness center, along with the expected services of free WIFI, a coffee station, and breakfast.
Super 8 by Wyndham offers superb hospitality in seven varieties of rooms. The hotel’s base rate is $159.99 per night for their standard Queen Deluxe Room, provided with or without mobility-accessible amenities.
Also available at the hotel are standard rooms with two queen beds or a king bed for a nightly rate starting at $169.99.
However, visitors staying at the Super 8 with a large group or family should book the hotel’s 2 King Bed Suite. Offering maximum room for your stay, this luxury room starts at a nightly rate of $184.99 per night.
5. Holiday Inn Express & Suites
A part of a well-respected hotel chain known for providing the comforts of home, the Holiday Inn Express and Suites provides another fantastic bed and breakfast experience located directly in downtown Belgrade.
To start their day, guests to the hotel have a selection of a continental or buffet-styled breakfast which they accompany with 24-hour coffee and tea available in the lobby.
The Holiday Inn Express offers high-speed internet, an on-site business center and meeting room, and a heated indoor pool and whirlpool among their top-of-the-line services.
But of course, the most convenient service the Holiday Inn Express provides is its easily accessible location to the famous attractions of downtown Belgrade. With several nearby restaurants and shopping centers, guests staying at the hotel are in the center of the city’s action.
All of the Holiday Inn’s rooms come with basic amenities that include private washrooms, heating, and air conditioning, a flat-screen tv, and a mini fridge and microwave.
Nightly rates begin at $179 per night for a standard queen room, but the hotel does offer a variety of room options offering diverse comforts and space.
Unlike most chain hotels, the Holiday Inn Express in Belgrade offers all of the traditional comforts of a local B&B and prides itself on the personalized services it offers to its guests. The hotel’s 24-hour front desk is always available to provide additional assistance.
From a humble room in the city to larger-than-life cabins in the beautifully idyllic countryside, Belgrade offers a vastly diverse array of beds and breakfasts within its relatively limited hotel collection.
Still, this small town of Montana’s Gallatin County offers accommodation well suited for just about any kind of traveler, and each of its wonderous stays is uniquely suited to meet varying accommodation demands.
While any accommodation in the town is guaranteed to provide a marvelous stay, these are the five best bed and breakfasts in Belgrade for different types of travelers.
- Best Luxury Bed and Breakfast in Belgrade: If isolated opulence is what you are looking for, then the Gallatin River Lodge is the ideal accommodation. With rooms starting at $625 per night, this marvel of a bed and breakfast goes above and beyond your average hotel and is an experience in and of itself.
- Best Bed and Breakfast in Belgrade on a Budget: With nightly rates starting at $105.99 and conveniently located within walking distance of Belgrade’s downtown services, The Outpost is the ideal bed and breakfast for visitors to the city traveling on a budget.
- Best Bed and Breakfast in Belgrade for Families: Located in downtown Belgrade, the Super 8 by Wyndham’s 2 King Bed Suite offers the maximum amount of room in the city for visitors traveling as a group or with their family.
- Best Bed and Breakfast in Belgrade for Couples: Isolated in the outskirts of Belgrade, the Fox Hollow Inn offers romantic seclusion for a getaway with your loved one. Enjoy the stars while soaking in the accommodation’s on-site hot tub for the ultimate romantic setting.
- Best Bed and Breakfast in Downtown Belgrade: As the newest addition to Belgrade’s hotel catalog, the Holiday Inn Express and Suites offers modern amenities and comforts for the ultimate stay located directly in the city’s downtown.