The small city of Belgrade sits in the Gallatin Valley and features a lively yet quaint community. This small western town has a history of ranching and farming, but it is quickly growing into a larger city.
Visit this family-friendly area with beautiful parks, delicious restaurants, boutique shops, and farmer’s markets selling homegrown food and handmade products.
If you’re planning a trip to this charming town, check out the airports near Belgrade, Montana to begin your adventure!
Planning and Resources for Your Visit to Belgrade
- Best time to visit: mid-June to late September is the best time to visit Belgrade, Montana. You can expect warmer weather during the day with cooler conditions at night. Belgrade is also a popular ski destination during the winter (December through March). Check out Bridger Bowl Ski Area near Bozeman for more than 2,000 acres of pristine powder.
- When to book hotels: as a rule of thumb, it’s best to start monitoring prices two months before your flight to see when prices dip. You will most likely find the best deals around the two-week mark before your trip. If you will be in town for a special event, like the Fall Festival in October, it’s best to book early. Check available accommodations here.
- Weather: The weather in Belgrade fluctuates depending on the season. Winters are frigid with snowy conditions and considerable cloud cover. Warmer weather will begin in June and last through the end of summer, and falls are chilly with occasional snow. You can still experience some snow during spring and an increase in rain.
- Popular attractions: Play in the splash pad at Lewis and Clark Park, fish in the East Gallatin, drink cold beer at Madison River Brewing Company, or check out one of the many seasonal events.
- Pick a guide: Montana is an outdoor lover’s dream, but some may not be familiar with safety precautions. Take advantage of the many trained professionals who can make your trip even better. Take guided tours through national parks or hire a boat service for fishing. Stay safe and have fun!
The 5 Airports Near Belgrade
The Belgrade airports include Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport and small aviation/carrier ports. If you can’t find a flight that fits your needs in Belgrade, several airports within driving distance have more options.
- Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport – Belgrade, MT
- Bert Mooney Airport – Butte, MT
- Helena Regional airport – Helena, MT
- Yellowstone Airport – West Yellowstone, MT
- Billings Logan International Airport – Billings, MT
1. Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport
Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport is a 5-minute drive (1.2 miles) and is the closest airport to Belgrade, Montana. This airport hosts ten airlines with non-stop flights to 30 US markets and connections worldwide.
You can’t beat the atmosphere at Bozeman Airport with its sprawling glass windows with views of snow-capped mountains and cozy fireplaces placed through the terminal.
Dine at several restaurants, including a grill, a cafe, and a taco shop. A grab-and-go kiosk serves gourmet hot coffee, sandwiches, bagels, and other snacks. Enjoy amenities like nursing rooms, service animal relief areas, local gallery work, and museum displays.
Airlines offering non-stop flights to Bozeman Yellowstone Airport:
- Alaska: Portland, Seattle, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco
- Allegiant: Las Vegas, Phoenix, Nashville, Austin
- American: Dallas, Chicago, Charlotte, Austin
- Delta: Atlanta, Salt Lake City, Minneapolis, Los Angeles, Detroit, New York
- JetBlue: New York, Boston
- Southwest: Denver, Las Vegas, Dallas
- Sun Country: Minneapolis
- United: San Francisco, Denver, Chicago, LA, New York, Houston, D.C.
The Bozeman airport is the closest option to Belgrade and would be less than $20 for an Uber or Lyft ride to most places in town.
The Bozeman Airport is the best option for those who want to get right to their destination and don’t plan on sightseeing before coming to Belgrade.
This airport offers many direct flights, and the hubs are perfect locations for connecting flights.
2. Bert Mooney Airport
Bert Mooney Airport is a 1-hour and 13-minute drive (74 miles) to Belgrade. This small regional airport offers direct flights every day from the hub in Salk Lake City and provides other general aviation services.
Enjoy amenities like onsite car rentals, free Wi-Fi, spacious seating areas, and conveniently located restrooms. You can sit at the restaurant and order a sandwich with a refreshing drink before or after your flight.
Park for free, check your baggage, and get through TSA in record time. The baggage claim is right off the jetway, where you can quickly grab your belongings and be on your way.
Fly with Delta to and from Salt Lake City, Utah. You can find early morning, mid-afternoon, and evening flights every day. Bert Mooney Airport is perfect for those near Salt Lake City or on connecting flights.
The Bert Mooney Airport is the best option for those who plan on visiting Butte and other small cities like Whitehall and Three Forks before heading to Belgrade.
Because the drive is over an hour long, renting a car from the airport or finding a local peer-to-peer rental in Butte would be best.
3. Helena Regional Airport
The Helena Regional Airport is a 1-hour and 27-minute drive (89 miles) to Belgrade. This small airport hosts three airlines with a few direct flights.
The view during take-off and landing provides awe-inspiring mountain views, be sure to open the window shade and take pictures.
The small terminal is quaint and comfortable with convenient amenities. You will find a few gift shops, a cafe, Wi-Fi, luggage carts, car rental agencies, and heated sidewalks during the winter months for safety.
Airlines offering direct flights to Helena Regional Airport:
- Alaska Airlines: Seatle/Tacoma
- Delta Airlines: Salt Lake City
- United Airlines: Denver
Helena Regional Airport is a suitable option for those who plan to spend time in the capital city before heading to Belgrade.
It’s an excellent drive from Helena with the beautiful scenery of Lewis and Clark National Forest and the Missouri River. Rent a vehicle at the airport for a short scenic drive or take a bus from Helena to Bozeman.
4. Yellowstone Airport
Yellowstone Airport is a 1-hour and 34-minute drive (88 miles) to Belgrade. It’s a small airport offering a couple of direct flights year-round from US hubs. This airport only offers commercial flights seasonally from May to October.
Yellowstone Airport is easily accessible and offers ground transportation with many nearby lodging options. The interior is small and has convenient restrooms and car rental agencies.
You will also find a cafe serving hot, affordable food.
Book a flight from Salt Lake City with Delta Airlines or Denver with United Airlines. You can also find many connected flights worldwide to these hubs.
Yellowstone Airport is an excellent option if you plan on exploring Yellowstone National Park before proceeding on a road trip to Belgrade. Rent a car at the airport or find an RV nearby for the ultimate family vacation.
5. Billings Logan International Airport
The Billings-Logan International Airport is a 2-hour and 18-minute drive (153 miles) to Belgrade. This small airport hosts six airlines and more than ten direct flights to hubs across the US.
The Billings Airport has quick check-in and security with plenty of amenities. Stop by the cafe for a drink and a sandwich; hang out at the bar and enjoy a cold beer.
Other convenient airport features include Wi-Fi, gift shop, nursing rooms, lounge areas, and local artwork.
Direct flights into Billings include:
- Salt Lake City
- Las Vegas
- Other cities in Montana
Book your flight with Alaska, Delta, Cape Air, United, American, and Allegiant. It’s also serviced by cargo and mail carrier airlines like FedEx and UPS. Visit their website for a complete list of cities with non-stop flights to Billings.
The route to Belgrade is beautiful and perfect for a small road trip. It’s best to rent a car or an RV near the airport for a stress-free vacation. Drive past lush forests and clear rivers; explore Billings and Bozeman before settling down in Belgrade.
Your Onward Journey to Belgrade
- Rent a car: Most airports have rental car agencies inside the terminal and offer great rates. They make it easy and convenient to book, pay, and pick up your car right from the airport. Pick a vehicle that meets your needs (sedan, SUV, truck, etc.) and hit the road of your own free will.
- Rideshare: If you are flying into an airport close to Belgrade, you may wish to catch a quick ride to your destination. Use ride apps like Uber and Lyft to get quickly to your hotel. You could also use services like Turo, a peer-to-peer car rental that lets you book local owners’ cars.
- Take a Greyhound: If your airport is further away, consider taking a greyhound bus to drop you off close to Belgrade. The closest bus stop to your destination is in Bozeman.
- Find an RV rental: Do you have a long drive ahead of you? Are you looking for a fun family adventure? Try renting an RV! Do a quick search to see the closest RV rental places near your airport and book a recreational vehicle for an exciting road trip through Montana.