This Southwest Montana city lies in the valley surrounded by Deer Lodge National Forest, at the foot of the Anaconda Range.
This urban Montana town is a few miles north of the Continental Divide, offering shopping, dining, live events, and recreational adventures.
If you are planning a trip to the historic town make sure you check out the airports near Anaconda, Montana before you start your journey.
Planning and Resources for Your Visit to Anaconda
- Best time to visit: early July to Mid-August is the best time to visit Anaconda, Montana. You can expect warmer weather during the day with cooler conditions at night. Anaconda is also a popular ski destination during the winter (December through March). Check out Discovery Ski, 2200 acres of mountain ranges for beginners to experts.
- When to book hotels: as a rule of thumb, it’s best to start monitoring prices two months before your flight to see when prices dip. You will most likely find the best deals around the two-week mark before your trip. If you will be in town for a special event, like the 4th of July celebration, it’s best to book early. Check available accommodations here.
- Weather: The weather in Anaconda fluctuates depending on the season. Winters are frigid with snowy conditions and considerable cloud cover. Warmer weather will begin in June and last through the end of summer, and falls are chilly with occasional snow. You can still experience some snow during spring and an increase in rain.
- Popular attractions: Camp at Georgetown Lake, catch a movie at the Washoe Theatre, stay at Fairmont Hot Springs, and visit the Copper Village Museum and Art Center.
- Pick a guide: Montana is an outdoor lover’s dream, but some may not be familiar with safety precautions. Take advantage of the many trained professionals who can make your trip even better. Take guided tours through national parks or hire a boat service for fishing. Stay safe and have fun!
The 5 Airports Near Anaconda
While there are no Anaconda airports, several within driving distance offer international and direct flights.
- Bert Mooney Airport – Butte, MT
- Helena Regional Airport – Helena, MT
- Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport – Belgrade, MT
- Missoula Montana Airport – Missoula, MT
- Yellowstone Airport – West Yellowstone, MT
1. Bert Mooney Airport
Bert Mooney Airport is a 33-minute drive (28 miles) and is the closest airport to Anaconda, Montana. This small regional airport offers direct flights every day from the hub in Salk Lake City and provides other general aviation services.
Enjoy amenities like onsite car rentals, free Wi-Fi, spacious seating areas, and conveniently located restrooms. You can sit at the restaurant and order a sandwich with a refreshing drink before or after your flight.
Park for free, check your baggage and get through TSA in record time. The baggage claim is right off the jetway, where you can quickly grab your belongings and be on your way.
Fly with Delta to and from Salt Lake City, Utah. You can find early morning, mid-afternoon, and evening flights every day.
Bert Mooney Airport is perfect for those near Salt Lake City or on connecting flights. You can find early morning, mid-afternoon, and evening flights every day.
The quickest, most affordable transportation option from the airport is to take an Uber, Lyft, or another rideshare service. You could also rent a car from the airport if you plan on doing a lot of driving on your trip.
2. Helena Regional Airport
The Helena Regional Airport is a 1-hour and 24-minute drive (82 miles) to Anaconda. This small airport hosts three airlines with a few direct flights.
The view during take-off and landing provides awe-inspiring mountain views, be sure to open the window shade and take pictures.
The small terminal is quaint and comfortable with convenient amenities. You will find a few gift shops, a cafe, Wi-Fi, luggage carts, car rental agencies, and heated sidewalks during the winter months for safety.
Airlines offering direct flights to Helena Regional Airport:
- Alaska Airlines: Seatle/Tacoma
- Delta Airlines: Salt Lake City
- United Airlines: Denver
Helena Regional Airport is a suitable option for those who plan to spend time in the capital city before heading to Anaconda or for those who need more direct flight options.
It’s an excellent drive from Helena with beautiful scenery through forests with views of majestic mountain peaks. Rent a vehicle at the airport for a short scenic drive or take a bus from Helena to Butte and rideshare.
3. Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport
Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport is a 1-hour and 34-minute drive (101 miles) to Anaconda. This airport hosts ten airlines with non-stop flights to 30 US markets and connections worldwide.
You can’t beat the atmosphere at Bozeman Airport with its sprawling glass windows with views of snow-capped mountains and cozy fireplaces placed through the terminal.
Dine at several restaurants, including a grill, a cafe, and a taco shop. A grab-and-go kiosk serves gourmet hot coffee, sandwiches, bagels, and other snacks. Enjoy amenities like nursing rooms, service animal relief areas, local gallery work, and museum displays.
Airlines offering non-stop flights to Bozeman Yellowstone Airport:
- Alaska: Portland, Seattle, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco
- Allegiant: Las Vegas, Phoenix, Nashville, Austin
- American: Dallas, Chicago, Charlotte, Austin
- Delta: Atlanta, Salt Lake City, Minneapolis, Los Angeles, Detroit, New York
- JetBlue: New York, Boston
- Southwest: Denver, Las Vegas, Dallas
- Sun Country: Minneapolis
- United: San Francisco, Denver, Chicago, LA, New York, Houston, D.C.
Booking your flight to Bozeman Airport is perfect for those wanting to take a scenic drive or stop in cities like Three Forks and Butte along the way.
With even more flight options, Bozeman is suitable for those who don’t mind taking an hour or more drive from the airport.
Spend some time exploring Bozeman before you head out to Anaconda. Rent a car or take a bus from Bozeman to Butte, then rideshare into Anaconda.
4. Missoula Montana Airport
Missoula Montana Airport is a 1-hour and 40-minute drive (111 miles) to Anaconda. This small airport offers non-stop flights to and from 14 different markets around the country.
The airport offers plenty of amenities, including a restaurant with a full-service bar, a coffee/tea shop, a gift shop, and massage chairs. You will also find free Wi-Fi, charging stations, smart carts, and a mail drop for your convenience.
You can book flights with major airlines offering direct flights from cities across the US.
- Alaska Airlines: Seattle, Portland, San Diego, San Francisco
- Allegiant Air: Las Vegas, Phoenix, Los Angeles, Oakland
- American Airlines: Dallas/Fort Worth, Chicago, Los Angeles
- Delta: Salt Lake City, Minneapolis, Atlanta
- Frontier: Denver
- United: Denver, Chicago, San Francisco
The Missoula Montana Airport is the best option for those who plan on making stops from Missoula to Anaconda. You should book a rental car and take your time driving through the windy mountain roads.
Take a scenic drive through Bitterroot National Forest while enjoying views of mountain peaks, lush forests, and blue lakes.
5. Yellowstone Airport
Yellowstone Airport is a 2-hour and 47-minute drive (169 miles) to Anaconda. It’s a small airport offering a couple of direct flights year-round from US hubs. This airport only offers commercial flights seasonally from May to October.
Yellowstone Airport is easily accessible and offers ground transportation with many nearby lodging options. The interior is small and has convenient restrooms and car rental agencies. You will also find a cafe serving hot, affordable food.
Book a flight from Salt Lake City with Delta Airlines or Denver with United Airlines. You can also find many connected flights worldwide to these hubs.
Yellowstone Airport is an excellent option if you plan on exploring Yellowstone National Park before proceeding on a road trip to Anaconda. Rent a car at the airport or find an RV nearby for the ultimate family vacation.
Your Onward Journey to Anaconda
- Rent a car: Most airports have rental car agencies inside the terminal and offer great rates. They make it easy and convenient to book, pay, and pick up your car right from the airport. Pick a vehicle that meets your needs (sedan, SUV, truck, etc.) and hit the road of your own free will.
- Rideshare: If you are flying into an airport close to Anaconda, you may wish to catch a quick ride to your destination. Use ride apps like Uber and Lyft to get quickly to your hotel. You could also use services like Turo, a peer-to-peer car rental that lets you book local owners’ cars.
- Take a Greyhound: If your airport is further away, consider taking a greyhound bus to drop you off close to Anaconda. A bus from Helena to Butte is less than $40, but you would have to find a ride to Anaconda as no bus station is close.
- Find an RV rental: Do you have a long drive ahead of you? Are you looking for a fun family adventure? Try renting an RV! Do a quick search to see the closest RV rental places near your airport and book a recreational vehicle for an exciting road trip through Montana.